Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 3: The Rabbit and the Hare

It's a good four hours before I'll be waking up for classes, so I thought this would be a good time to update the blog about useless shit. I just got my tattoo today and it was an interesting experience like both other times. I guess I couldn't explain any better about how I felt than how I did in my last post. I went through the nervous habits and all. Finally when that needle was in me, it wasn't all that bad. It was an uncomfortable feeling but as for the pain level, it was easy enough to stomach. So overall, it was a walk through the park with a wedgie. It only came out to 100 bucks and I'm glad with that.

I'm a bit tired so I really can't stay up to rant about anything to its entirety, so I'll have to settle on something small. I was in my statistics class the other day when my professor was going over a PowerPoint presentation. He pointed out in one picture that a man was examining a hare. At that point my mind drifted from the lesson and onto the topic of "who still uses the term hare" and "what is the real definition of the word 'hare'." After long thought about the use of the term "hare" instead of rabbit, I concluded that if you could fit it into a sentence (which for some reason you are speaking of rabbit) and it doesn't sound completely out of place... go for it! We could use a little change in our lives. But then I found out the true definition.

"Hares and jackrabbits are leporidaes belonging to the genus Lepus.
(There are four other species called hares: Caprolagus or the Hispid Hare, and Pronolagus or the red rock hares.)
Hares less than one year old are called leverets."
(stolen from the all knowing god Wikipedia.com)

So now that really fucks my plan over
because unless you are specifically talking about this breed of the genus Lepus,
you would be incorrect.
Thank you professor Grasso,
but you were wrong.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment