Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 5: Lazy day


















Today was my last lazy day, hence why I am updating the blog. Ive had from Friday till today off, but I'll be attending my classes tomorrow...which means I get to see people again. No I'm not anti-social and yes I have friends, its just that during break I tend to do a lot more nothing then something. This also comes down to the fact that I don't have a job, therefore I can not keep productive in my life.

That brings me to something that really grinds my gears. In Park Slope, there are a million restaurants which all potentially have jobs open. It always seems like a great idea but then there is always "Must have experience". I honestly have not found a damn restaurant that doesn't ask for and experienced staff. How the hell am I supposed to gain experience if no other place will hire me on the pretence that I have no skill. It seems pointless to be looking a waiting job.

Chances are I'll drag my ass over to gamestop and whatever the hell else I can find and just cross my fingers. Or I can just begin to stalk craigslist every day till a job pops up. As I look through the listings, I'm starting to think this will be a lost cause.. But I wont give up. Hopefully some bullshit job will come along that doesn't require experience, just a big smile.

1 comment: